Dwayne Johnson Will Not Return For Another ‘Fast and Furious’ Film

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on reddit
Reddit
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

Dwayne Johnson has revealed that he will not be returning for more Fast and Furious films. This announcement comes amid drama with Vin Diesel.

Much to the chagrin of his fans, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson did not make an appearance in F9: The Fast Saga. On July 21, the former WWE Superstar told The Hollywood Reporter: “I’ve wished them well.”

“I wish them well on Fast 9. And I wish them the best of luck on Fast 10 and Fast 11 and the rest of the Fast & Furious movies they do that will be without me,” Johnson, 49, said.

RELATED: Dwayne Johnson Potential Lead In Next ‘Space Jam: A New Legacy’

Johnson portrayed Hobbs from 2011 to 2019, in four Fast and Furious films. He even opened up about his ongoing feud with former costar Vin Diesel. “I laughed and I laughed hard,” the Jumanji star said on Wednesday of Diesel’s recent comments about him. Their feud dates back to 2016.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by therock (@therock)

Last month, Diesel, 54, reignited the duo’s feud by telling Men’s Health that creating the character of Hobbs required “tough love” on his part. He even called out Johnson for his acting skills.

“My approach at the time was a lot of tough love to assist in getting that performance where it needed to be,” he told the magazine earlier this year. “As a producer to say, ‘OK, we’re going to take Dwayne Johnson, who’s associated with wrestling, and we’re going to force this cinematic world, audience members, to regard his character as someone that they don’t know’ — Hobbs hits you like a ton of bricks.”

RELATED: ‘Red Notice’: Dwayne Johnson To Play ‘Greatest Conman’ In Netflix’s Action Comedy

“That took a lot of work. We had to get there and sometimes, at that time, I could give a lot of tough love,” he continued. “Not Fellini-esque, but I would do anything I’d have to do in order to get performances in anything I’m producing.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by therock (@therock)

“Some [male costars] conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don’t,” Johnson wrote in an Instagram post at the time without giving any names. “The ones that don’t are too chicken s—t to do anything about it anyway. Candy asses. When you watch this movie next April and it seems like I’m not acting in some of these scenes and my blood is legit boiling — you’re right.”

The pair’s drama was “blown way out of proportion,” Diesel told USA Today. He even claimed that he and Johnson were “close” both on and off-screen. They buried the hatchet in September 2019 when the Moana star thanked Diesel for his support of Hobbs & Shaw.

Dwyane Johnson Vin Diesel Fast & Furious

1 thought on “Dwayne Johnson Will Not Return For Another ‘Fast and Furious’ Film”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.