Meghan Thomas Markle

Meghan Markle’s Estranged Father Thomas Markle Is Making A documentary About His Life With The Duchess of Sussex

Meghan Thomas Markle

Meghan Markle’s estranged father Thomas Markle revealed that he is working with a cinematographer on a documentary revolving around his life with the Suits actress.

Thomas Markle told The Sun that he is making a documentary that centers around Meghan Markle in a bid to figure out what went wrong in their relationship. Thomas has not spoken to Meghan and her husband Prince Harry since before the pair tied the knot in 2018, said he is working with a cinematographer and hopes that the project will be completed later this year.

“It begins with my life, my family, my love of theatre and television, and how I got there. Then my life with Meghan, growing up, her school days until she went off to college, and when her career began,” he said. “We had a good life together, up through her first marriage and her move to Canada. Then a new story begins! It’s kind of like ‘What happened to my baby girl,” he added.

Meghan and Thomas Markle

Thomas previously divulged details about his rift with Meghan in the Channel 5 documentary dubbed, Thomas Markle: My Story. In the documentary, which aired in the United Kingdom in Jan. 2020, Thomas said he cried watching Prince Charles walk his daughter down the aisle because he couldn’t be there to do it himself.

“It was not edited in the correct order, dates were wrong, and it had too much generic public domain film added,” he told The Sun of the Channel 5 documentary. “My documentary will have some new videos and my favorite photo of my baby girl and we try to figure out what went wrong. I think we will do a good job,” he explained.

Thomas and Meghan have offered contrasting accounts of their fall-out. Ahead of the royal wedding, reports suggesting that Thomas had planned paparazzi photos surfaced, something he said prompted him to text his daughter and let her know that he would not attend the wedding and publicly apologize.

In the text messages shared by Meghan’s legal team, both Meghan and her husband tried to convince Thomas not to speak to the press. “If u love Meg and want to make it right please call me as there are two other options which don’t involve u having to speak to the media, who incidentally created this whole situation. So please call me so I can explain. Meg and I are not angry, we just need just to speak to u,” Harry wrote.

Instead of calling or texting them, the duchess said Thomas issued a public statement claiming he had a heart attack, which was the first time they heard about it. In the documentary, Thomas speaks about a phone conversation with the duke after the heart attack, claiming that Harry told him, “If you had listened to me, this would not have happened to you.”

“If I’d stayed in the house and kept the door locked and never spoken to anyone, this wouldn’t have happened,” Thomas said Harry told him. “To me, that was a very rude thing to say, especially when he knew I was laying in a hospital bed,” he added.

Meghan is currently suing British newspaper The Mail on Sunday for publishing excerpts from a private letter she wrote to her father after the royal wedding. Last year, Thomas said he will willing to testify against his daughter in court.

“I wish it hadn’t come to this, but I will certainly testify against the things that have been said about me. The lies,” Thomas told The Sun. “When I and Meghan end up in a courtroom together, it will be quite stunning for everybody.”

Meghan’s half-sister and Thomas’ other daughter, Samantha Markle shares her perspective on her relationship with Meghan in her new book, “The Diary Of Princess Pushy’s Sister Part 1,” which is slated to publish in the United States on Feb. 1. Watch this space for the latest royal family news.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.