Prince Harry joined James Corden on Thursday’s episode of The Late Late Show With James Corden. The 36-year-old Duke of Sussex got on a double-decker bus in Los Angeles and visited The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air house, did a military obstacle course, talked about The Crown, and had high tea.
“We all know what the British press can be like and it was destroying my mental health. I was like, ‘This is toxic,'” Harry said of moving out of the United Kingdom last year and announcing his departure from the royal family. “So I did what any husband and any father would do. I was like, ‘I need to get my family out of here.'”
Harry also appeared to once again push back against Queen Elizabeth’s statement last Friday that he and Meghan, 39, were “stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”
“We never walked away, and as far as I’m concerned, whatever decisions are made on that side, I will never walk away,” Harry said, seemingly referencing his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II’s, announcement that he would be losing his royal titles and patronages. “I will always be contributing. But my life is public service, so wherever I am in the world, it’s gonna be the same thing.”
All aboard! James is taking Prince Harry for a double-decker tour of Los Angeles and it starts NOW ? pic.twitter.com/hQGwfsjqyX
— The Late Late Show with James Corden (@latelateshow) February 26, 2021
“As evidenced by their work over the past year, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex remain committed to their duty and service to the U.K. and around the world, and have offered their continued support to the organizations they have represented regardless of official role.”
Last Friday, Buckingham Palace confirmed that Harry and Meghan won’t be returning as working royals.