On March 6, Prerna Social and Cultural Society will host Inspired India Award ceremony in which 18 differently-abled boys and girls who have been excelled in different fields like sports, arts, and culture will be felicitated. The event will take place at Ravindra Bhavan at 6.30 pm.
There will be an interactive session with Padam Arunima Sinha, who is the first female Indian amputee to climb Mount Everest and also Sharath Gayakwad, an Indian Paralympics swimmer.
The special guests for this award ceremony will include Jeetu Patwari, the Cabinet Minister for Higher Education, Sports, and Youth Affairs, and also Renu Tiwari, secretary (culture).
The programme will be overseen by Dilip Buildcon, Chairman Dilip Suryawanshi. The award function will also be attended by some VIP and celebrity like Sandeep Rajak Commissioner (social justice and disabled persons welfare department), Jaideep Prasad IG (Bhopal), Darshan Pandya who is a television and film actor and Nakul Patodi editor Indian Wrestling.
During their interview with the media person on Monday, Sunita Jain, founder of Prerna Social And Cultural Welfare Society and the organizer of the programme noted that these differently-abled people from India show that a physical restriction is merely a state of mind.
It is hardly surprising that their limitations have not posed any sort of restrictions for them. Whether it is performing all around the world, or receiving gold medals in various sports events, these champions can do it all without breaking a sweat, Jain added.
Sunita Jain also said that society will felicitate the 18 boys and girls. The list of the people slated to be felicitated comprise:
- Padma Arunima Sinha (first female Indian amputee to climb Mount Everest)
- Sharath Gayakwad (Paralympics swimmer)
- Javed Chaudhary, dancer and basketball player
- Yogesh Prajapati, body lifter and model
- Swapnil Patil, who is visually challenged dancer and also has a top MBA
- Chandrayee, who is visually challenged dancer and singer and also Yoga exponent
- Shruti, who is an Olympian cyclist and also a volleyball player
- Manigmellai, a special Olympic cyclist
- Kiran, who is a floor hockey player
- Budhurai, who is the Olympic football player
- The world summer games footballer, Vijay
- Manish Kumar and Arvind Rajak are the arms wrestle
- Bankers Padmeshwari Bhaga Sumant Kale, Sonu Golkar, and Poonam Shroti
These all are also the members of ‘We Are One‘ wheelchair group.